Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Time for Cast Removal.

Time seemed to fly by and it was time to head back to Baltimore for Kayla's cast removal and then hopefully after that we would not be going back for a while. If I remember correctly we left on June 23, 2012 and took 2 days to drive that long trip. On the morning of June 25, 2012 we took Kayla to see Dr. Standard. They removed Kayla's cast and did some x-rays and said things looked real well. He said we didn't have to come back for about 6 months. They set Kayla an appointment for December 20, 2012 if I remember correctly but we ended up not being able financially to take her for the tip and it was so close to CHRISTmas that we didn't want to make the trip so Dr. Standard had a prescription emailed to us for X-rays and on Dec 3, 2012 I took her for x-rays and shipped them to Dr. Standard via UPS. Dr. Standard had said that as long as Kayla's x-rays looked okay that he would wait until March (spring) to see her. It was about a week later that I got a call that Dr. Standard said that Kayla's x-rays looked wonderful and he would see her in March. We decided to go ahead and schedule Kayla's next Surgery. Dr. Standard had told us before that he would do her next surgery anywhere from 6 months to 1 year after her surgery. They scheduled her for surgery on March 5, 2012 but my husband and I discussed it and he wanted me to have it rescheduled for closer to the end of March so they rescheduled it for March 20, 2012. Now we are just in a waiting game until March 16, 2012 which is when we will be leaving the house and heading for Baltimore Maryland for Kayla's surgery. In the meantime we have been doing fundraising to try to raise the funds that we will need to take Kayla for the surgery and since she is having Limb Lengthening done Me and the girls will have to stay in Maryland for 3 months after Kayla's surgery. My husband will be staying for 2 weeks after the surgery but then he has to come home and work. I have lots to do to prepare for this trip. One major thing is the fundraising. I am also going to have to make a list of things I need to pack and take with us. I have made Kayla 7 fixator covers already and I am hoping they are big enough, if not I will be making more once we are in Maryland after her surgery. I have also Modified a couple pairs of pants and will be modifying more in the next few weeks. I found her 6 full piece outfits that snap closed on the insides of the legs like a baby onesie would and I think they will work real well for her to wear after the surgery. I still need to find her some bathing suites to modify for her to wear in the pool for water therapy and I have lots of things I need to purchase for our stay like Shampoo and stuff like that. Will be updating soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment