Thursday, January 10, 2013

Feeling overwhelmed and needing answers

Since I couldn't get any answers from the Lady at the Rubin Institute about the financial assistance program, I took it upon myself to email the president of the Sinai hospital and ask him about their financial assistance program. I think it was the same day that the president emailed me back and said he was forwarding my email to someone else and expect to hear from someone. I really didn't think I would hear from anyone, to be honest I thought I would probably get the run around again BUT much to my surprise I was wrong. Within a few days I was contacted by a lady from the Sinai Hospital who said she was told to contact me and she said she was going to send me a financial assistance application and for me to send it back to her as soon as I could. So when I got the application, I filled it out and sent it back ASAP. It wasn't long after I sent the application in that I got a letter in the mail stating that Kayla was approved for the financial assistance program and would have 100% free medical. I was absolutely ecstatic. I wanted to jump for joy. My baby was finally going to get the surgery she needed. While all of this was going on I had been joining the web chats with the Dr's in Maryland and was asking questions about the surgery and everything and I got to know Dr. Standard. I started hearing very good things about Dr. Standard(dr. herzenbergs colleague) and I got real comfortable with talking to him in the chats so I decided to take Kayla to Baltimore to see him. I didn't have anything against Dr. Herzenberg but over time I just started feeling more comfortable with Dr. Standard and I was told lots of good things from others about Dr. Standard. On our first appointment with Dr. Standard, he went over everything with us that he would bed doing for Kayla. He printed Kayla's x-rays out and while talking to us he drew diagrams on the x-rays showing us just exactly what would be done. We left there feeling very comfortable about everything. Dr. Standard told us to decide when we wanted Kayla's surgery to be done and to let them know. After we decided when would be the best time to have the surgery we called the Rubin Institute and set up Kayla's appointment for her surgery. I could finally take a sigh of relief because everything seemed to be working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment