Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Glad to be home.

After Driving all day the day before, we had a good nights sleep. The next morning when I woke up I was so thankful to be home. I didn't want to even leave the house that day, I cant remember if I did leave the house that day but I didn't want to. In the days following I had to get Kayla signed up for physical therapy and just begin the wait. The Dr. gave us a prescription to have x-rays done on Kayla's leg about 4 weeks after we came home and after having the x-rays done I had to send them via UPS to Dr. Standard and await word from him to see when Kayla could have her fixator removed. During this 4 week wait, Kayla adjusted really well and got to the point where she was running in her fixator when someone would hold her hand and maybe even a little by herself but I cant really remember lol. We went to my Mother in laws alot and she got to play out in the yard when the weather permitted. My Mother in law had a child sized swimming pool that she put water in and let Kayla bath in after she would get finished playing outside and Kayla really enjoyed that. Finally the time had passed and it was time for Kayla's x-rays. We had them done on April 16, 2012. After having the x-rays done I shipped them Via UPS to Dr. Standard and then we began the wait. It took about a week before we were contacted about the x-rays but we had good news. Things were still progressing and the Dr. wanted to take Kayla's fixator off on June 1, 2012. I was excited that Kayla was going to have the fixator removed but I was really hoping he would remove it sooner then what he had scheduled but I knew that the extra healing time was better for Kayla so I did not complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment