Thursday, March 21, 2013

A little update.....

Sorry it has taken me so long to update.... I know most of you have probably already seen my updates on Facebook but I will update again here anyway...... The last time I updated I told you guys there was a problem with the insurance and Kayla's financial assistance but just a couple of days before we were to leave for Baltimore for surgery I got a call from the finance manager telling me that Kayla's financial assistance had been approved.... She was still waiting on word from the insurance company about weather they would sign the agreement contract but since she was approved for financial assistance we could go ahead and make the trip to Baltimore for surgery..... A very big Prayer answered...... The LORD is so good...... We left the house for our trip on Saturday March 16th. We drove a little more than Half way to Baltimore (making several stops along the way for gas and food) and then we stopped in Stauntan Virginia at the Days Inn we usually stay at and spent the night..... It is such a long drive and so tiring to drive all the way through so we take the trip in 2 days. The next day on the 17th we got up and got back on the road after gassing the vehicles up and grabbing a quick snack and we drove the rest of the way..... We made it to the Hackerman Patz house where we are staying at the whole time we are here at about 3ish that evening (not sure the exact time lol)..... We got settled into our room and called for pizza delivery from Pepe's..... The next day on the 18th we got up and got ready for Kayla's appointment at the Rubin Institute. We left the HP house a little early so that we could go to the cafeteria of the hospital and eat a quick bite of breakfast and then we headed to the RIAO to see the Dr. Once we go there it didn't seem like no time till they called Kayla back for xrays and then after that it didn't seem like no time till they called Kayla back to a room. But once in the room it was a waiting game. I thought we were going to see Dr. Standard that day but we saw Allison the Physicians assistant but I didn't mind because Allison is awesome to lol..... We talked to Allison for quite some time and she explained to us mostly everything Dr. Standard would be doing to Kayla's leg during surgery and she answered all of my questions and showed me on a model how to turn Kayla's struts when it comes time and we talked about the schedule I will have for strut turning. I felt better after we left there but was still nervous about the surgery. Later that day we went to a grocery store near by called Giant food store and we got a few groceries but not alot because they were expensive lol and I knew we would be going to Aldi's the next day anyway so I just got a few things to hold us over for a while..... We got back to the HP house and I cooked supper and we just relaxed the rest of the night. The next day on the 19th we got up and traveled to Reisterstown Maryland and went to walmart and got some necessities and a few other things, then we went to my cousin Chasity's house for a visit, It was a wonderful visit.... We ate supper with Chas and her family and had good conversation. It was great to get to see them again...... Then we left there and went to Aldi's and picked up lots more groceries. At Aldi's you have to bag your own groceries and you also have to provide your own bags and if you dont provide your own bags you have to buy bags from Aldi's so before we left for Reisterstown I had mike to drive me to Giant Food store to buy 7 more Hot Cold bags that I had already bought 3 of the previous day to bag our groceries in and the bags were great. They even zip across the top so your groceries wont fall out of the bag. I am going to start taking them to all the stores with me here and when I get home to keep from bringing all those plastic shopping bags home and just having to throw them away...... But anyway after we left Aldi's we got back to the HP house and got ourselves prepared for Kayla's surgery the next day..... We didn't get in bed until after midnight and then had to get back up at 5 oclock in the morning so we could get Kayla to the hospital by 6:30 that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment